Saturday, April 16, 2011

"Ok-I got it. Twenty people jump into a pool..."

Welcome to the annual Young Life mulching day!



Nothing like starting the day at 8am and filling it with house after house of gigantic mulch piles, solving riddles, teaching David how to speak in a British accent, shoveling mulch, eating lunch outside, spreading mulch, listening to Train in the car, wheel-barrowing mulch, filling up Bertha, and avoiding getting mulch in your eyes.


"I love Young Life," one of the girls said as she was shoveling mulch, "Everyone is always so happy at Young Life." We'd rather be out there all spreading mulch together than anywhere else.


After getting cleaned up I headed to the Henry house where Molls was getting ready for prom! She looked so beautiful and I'm so glad I got to be there to witness part of this day.


Oh goodness. Prom is excitement and fun and drama and stress all rolled into one. There were going to be a lot of posed pictures in Molls immediate future where she would have to pose with perfect posture so we decided to seize the opportunity to just take really fun pictures all dressed up.
p.s. That book "A Pocket Book of Prayers for Busy People," was our gift from bible study.


Prom dress, classy necklace, and TSwift up-do plus Diet Coke, best laugh bling, wooden name-tag and tie-dye sunglasses all in front of the wall of fun? I think yes.


I got to meet Jack too before they headed to Prom. So presh.


Kraft and Seth are competing in a Carmel triathalon in the morning so I got to hang out with them tonight. We ate pizza at Arni's and the boys filled me in on all the details of the triathalong, their exciting day on the couch, the latest happenings at camp including Davey's April Fool's prank, and they solved all of the riddles we told while mulching earlier today.


I had to introduce them to Orange Leaf. When we walked in they were both overwhelmed initially but quickly got excited about so many options and filled up their bowls with some interesting combinations.


Now I get to hang out with Jenna. We're both sore from mulching and so happy to be sitting and watching TV. I can't believe she only has 27 days left before her wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment