Monday, April 11, 2011

Deep breath day

I read an article once with strategies for remembering things better. The only thing I remember from that article is that you should take deep breaths during a moment you really want to remember. Something about the increase of oxygen will help that memory stick.

Today was just a normal day but in a great I-want-to-remember-all-of-it kind of way.

1. Talking to students in the hall about their Spring Break. Everyone is tan and re-energized and has so many stories to tell about adopting dogs, swimming with dolphins, and getting wands in Harry Potter World.
2. One of my students brought me a postcard from Fair Oaks Farms.
3. After school I got to coach a student on her writing and it was so fun seeing her stories come to life.
4. Tonight I was thankful for my YL leadership team and all of their quirkiness.
5. I sat in an empty room at Campaigners with two other leaders and four girls and we talked about the vine and the branches. We talked about the simplicity of what we need to do and are called to do- Love God. Love others.
6. Really kind words from Courtney Klatt.

No comments:

Post a Comment