Thursday, November 10, 2011

"Miss Wright, I don't mean this in a mean way, but does her hair always look like that?"

Rachel gave me this glittery penguin/duck/panda ceramic figurine today after 3rd period. I'm obsessed. I started making this bracelet for a new member of the FBC. I think they're going to like it.


Maddy Wilson came to hang out at FBC today. She is a future CILT and the older sister of Rachel, the penguin/duck/panda ceramic figurine maker. I love Maddy's independence, kind heart, and creative spirit. She stands out for her crazy hair and hipster attire but it is her beautiful soul that people remember.


Room 201 was bursting with energy today. There were about 50 girls playing Where the Wind Blows then starting bracelets. We broke out singing "All I Want For Christmas Is You" while the really hyper ones danced around the middle, and everyone sang along with the Taylor Swift playlist. When we saw it start to snow we cleaned up real quick and ran outside to catch snowflakes on our tongues in the FIRST SNOW OF THE YEAR.


My 8th grade girls, whom I dearly love, are nuts. One was trying to get her tongue to stick to a metal light pole. Another one decided that instead of catching snowflakes in the air she would lick them off leaves. I promise I discouraged both of those behaviors.


Ah! Mags is coming to Indiana tomorrow. We're flipping out.


p.s. Last year 71 people got FBC sweatshirts. This year's order count has just surpassed 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment