Monday, November 28, 2011

Random Thoughts

Today a conversation with one of my 8th grade girls reminded me that we really never know what is going on in someone else's life. Be kind-- you don't know how much someone else might need that from you.

Everyone should eat frozen yogurt everyday. The world would be a happier place.

One of the things my parents would tell Katie and I over and over again while growing up was, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." I think all of us need to work on following that rule.


Skype is one of the greatest products of modern technology.

I have an incredible Young Life team and I'm so thankful for all of these leaders. I'm so excited for us to get new additions tomorrow night.


In the words of MaryEllen, "I really hope they love all of us as much as we already love them!"


I think we should have popcorn in Campaigners every week.

"Works do not earn God's favor, they reflect God's favor." -Grant Goodman
If we believe that we have been saved by the free gift of grace that I don't know how we can choose to do anything else but live that out and try to reflect God's love and grace with how we use our time, with the words we choose to speak, with the way we spend or give away our money, with the way we treat people. Choosing anything else just isn't worth it.


Someone told me the other day that it is a mark of great friendship if you can easily go back and forth in conversation between serious and light-hearted topics. Colleen Kelley is an expert at that.


"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2: 8-10


If the rest of the year is supposed to be pure gain than today was a success.



One more thing-- please don't wish that you could be just like everyone else. The thing that sets you apart, makes you different, is probably the thing that makes you special. I know it's hard to be different sometimes but it's always worth it to be yourself. In the words of Mags, "Start loving yourself, drop what's denying you that love."

No comments:

Post a Comment