Monday, December 17, 2012

"What time is your lunch? Are babies allowed to come?"

We're at school till Friday but I got some fun Christmas gifts early from some of my students-- a plate of Christmas treats, a new zig-zag friendship bracelet, a framed picture of my best friend and I, and a fancy schmancy S to hang on my wall. I love their creativity.
 



Late this afternoon I got to meet up with Molly and Mary to catch up. This pair has been a part of my Camp life for over seven years and have such a special place in my heart, two of the original Puppies. It was so good to see them, hear about the past semester and laugh together. And isn't it so nice how they happened to wear almost exactly the same outfit?

 
Tonight marked our last Campaigners of the semester since it may be difficult to meet on Christmas Eve or New Year's Eve. Since Hannah, my co-counselor from Wyld Life Camp, was back in town from Purdue she came and we had a little Pine Cabin reunion.  It was so fun to have her be a part of everything tonight and see her back in action as a leader, she has a gift for it.
 


During our leadership meeting tonight we shared moments, conversations and experiences from the past semester of Young Life that we're thankful for. So much has happened and it would be easy to keep moving on to what's next, but I hope that we're mindful of all that God has done already.


Even with all the impending doom of Finals just a few days ahead we still had an enthusiastic crew show up. The men...


And the women...


We talked about light and dark in our group tonight and read through some of my favorite verses,

"In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it" John 1:4-5
 
"You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." Matthew 5: 14-16

Not only do we want to be on the look out for that Light all around us but I hope that we will also be lamps who shine the Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment