Thursday, January 20, 2011

Conversation

I was telling my friend Colleen yesterday that I feel like I don't talk to people on the phone anymore partly because they know what's going on with my life if they read this so they don't check-in as frequently. I also don't talk to people on the phone anymore because I decided last semester that I didn't really like to anymore... Needless to say there are a lot of you that I really miss hearing your voice and knowing what is going on in your life on a regular basis. I want to work on that.

I've decided that instead of complaining about the time I have to drive down to IUPUI and back twice a week I'm going to use it for phone calls. If I can't hang out with people in real life on those days then I'm going to connect with people that are far away.

I think I like the phone again. Taylor is super pumped about YWAM. Michelle is loving living in the middle four. Allison had boxes of jell-o thrown at her in a biology lab today. Arielle rides the subway, takes two girls to school, and works in NYC with two of her best friends right now. Casey had a whirlwind of a Christmas break and is back starting a crazy season at Hope. Colleen can get me excited about anything and I love hearing her talk about her students and their poetry.

Conversation in real life is great too. Today I braved the snowy streets down to the Houghton's house for dinner. I got to hang out next door with Linda and Nick first- Thomas the Tank on TV and a box full of plastic dogs are a combination for excitement. Then we shared dinner together around the dining room table--I don't get to sit around dining room tables very often. Annie, MaryEllen, Sarah, Kaylee, Avery, Kylie, Kelsey and I ate chunks of french bread dipped in bowls of Panera soup and just talked. Kylie occasionally screamed in the background. It was perfect. We got to sit around to tell stories and take turns holding baby Raelyn. I love nights like this when we have time to just be with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment