Sunday, January 16, 2011

David, who are you?

First thing this morning we met with a small group of adults in the Bunkhouse for bible study. Tim went through some of the verses about love in 1 Corinthians 13 to add his thoughts and ask our ideas. I've heard this love chapter man times but heard some new things and jotted them down (hence they may not really connect).

Love means what matters to you matters to me. If we really think before we speak we should say only what is good and will bring out the best in people. We're told to not keep a record of wrongs- maybe we should keep a record of good that other people. What if we constantly reminded and brought up great things that people have done and said in the past? Forgiveness is an act in time but restoration is a process. There can be forgiveness and consequences.

I sat next to Marlin and had to laugh whenever Jim or John McKenzie spoke because she would just mumble under her breath, "Wisdom. Wisdom just pours forth. Wisdom. Little jewels and I pick 'em up."

Almost everyone headed back to Caberfe for another day on the mountain but some of us stuck around camp. I went to lunch with Sarah and Jon at the Coffee Cup, a Lake City hub of activity.


This lunch is now an official tradition of a grilled cinnamon, fried food and great conversation. Today I loved to opportunity to sit and talk with Sarah and Jon about leading others. They are without question two of the best leaders I've ever worked with. I loved the opportunity to just sit with them to ask questions, hear stories, share experience and think through how we work with different people. 

I hate going outside when we're up at Timberwolf because it's so dang cold but it's a great trade-off that we get to look out and see all of this.


As everyone was coming back from this hill we hung out in the kitchen boiling water for hot chocolate and backing chocolate chip cookies. David was learning to be domestic and Sar was giving him directions and Joel was laughing at all of us.


Dinner was easily one of the funniest parts of the day. Just five of us sat at out table but we were laughing about meal questions and David being David. I was laughing so hard that I couldn't make any noise and then we got our cake and David ate mine.

We got to have club in the actual club room tonight.


Hanski and Franksi were back to respect the mountain...


...and help us learn some skills to help with our skiing.


And I just really like whenever I get to hang out with Taylor and Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment