Monday, January 3, 2011

"I have this guy at work who has an iPad. He's writing a book... Harry Potter... cowboy."

Highs of the Day:

I had to wake up early to start back in the routine which wasn't great but I was really productive all day at school. I typed, taped, laminated, copied, wrote, organized, unstapled, moved furniture, erased, and prepped. Nate Berkus talks about how your home should make you feel happy and at peace- today my classroom felt that way. Bring on the kids tomorrow!

Playing Just Dance 2 with Sarah. I don't like video games or play them ever but I'm telling you this one is an exception. You need to go buy it an play it or find a friend that has it. Really. It's that great. Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend" is easily my favorite song.

Dinner with Young Life leaders. Tonight was the first time we've seen each other since before break and I just really love these people. The boys were being such hipsters, Chris says really funny things, Jenna was so excited to be there, and I really like that we had a conversation about who is a crier and under what circumstances.

First Campaigners of 2011. The girls overflowed the U shaped couch in the Brown's basement- there were just so many of them tonight. It was fun seeing them after being away. We talked about what would make this next year really great. Not New Years Resolutions because those are dumb and no one keeps them- but what do we think would make our relationships and our faith and our life better than ever this year. Sarah told us about how Linda says, "I want to live in expectation, expecting God to work and to love." It's easy to make up my own plans of how life should work out perfectly but I want to choose to expect and trust God to work and to love this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment