Monday, September 22, 2014

"A ZZ girl needs to become a RR boy and an RR girl needs to become a ZZ boy."

Camp Tecumseh Trip Update: After school today I worked with Brown to form study groups as Libey called back more parent volunteers. There is a huge spreadsheet of 631 kids and 104 counselors that we had to sort into 104 gender balanced groups by session while fulfilling all of the special requests and needs. It's quite the puzzle to say the least. It took us just about three hours to make all the switches and changes. Now we've just got to figure out their cabins, dining tables and buses. 13 days until the fun begins. 

On Wednesday night all of Indianapolis Young Life will meet at Carmel HS for an All-City Club. It's going to be awesome.... but I can't go. I'll have our last Camp T counselor meeting before the field trip at the exact same time that night. HSE YL cancelled Campaigners tonight in lieu of the Wednesday Club but I still wanted to see some YL girls tonight. I met Julia, Hannah, Natalie, Lauren and Alissa at Starbucks to hang out and have a mini-campaigners of our own.


I'm thankful for these five girls and the stories they're living. I'm thankful for how YL brings together friends that might have never met otherwise. I'm thankful for conversations about the way we see people and trying to see the best in them. I'm thankful for growth and the truth that it's never too late to make a change. I'm thankful for days when I see that Sagamore Creed lived out, "I'm happy with life and with myself, yet I will always try harder to be the best that I can be."

No comments:

Post a Comment