Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Today's Letters

My 8th Grade Girls,
You all have such potential and you're greater than you realize. I'm so glad that we're still in the same building for one more year so we can keep seeing each other every day. I hope this year will be your best one yet. Here are some things I want you all to keep in mind:

1. Be kind to each other. Take care of your friends and give them the benefit of the doubt. Don't talk about each other but build one another up. Go out of your way to make each other's days better.
2. Find something you're passionate about and then go after that. Spend your time doing something you care about and make the world more awesome.
3. Haters gonna hate. As difficult as it is, don't waste your time on people who aren't making your life any better. Just keep being awesome and worry about yourself. 
4. You are more than enough. No matter what you achieve or what mistakes you make this year, it doesn't change your value. Your identity is in Christ and he loves you regardless of what you do. Hold on to that.

Dear Cross Country Kids,
Oh my goodness. You are rock stars. I love coming to see you all run your hearts. Congrats on PRs tonight--you earned them. I love seeing the teamwork and friendship on this team. Keep it up. 



Dear Brooke,
Hey, how are ya. Our bi-weekly hang outs are one of my favorite things. Thanks for making me part of your busy life--can't imagine what I'd do without you. I love your non-stop giggling, awkward selfies, Spongebob references, willingness to try out new things and resilient hope and joy. You make me a better person.



No comments:

Post a Comment