Monday, September 29, 2014

"You have two hands-- can't you scratch both our backs?"

Varsity Friendship Braceleters are in a photo contest on Custom Ink for the tshirts we just got. We're trying to win for the pride-- you can help us out by clicking on this link and then liking our photo  http://www.customink.com/photos/varsity-friendship-bracelet-club


We finally got back to the Barn for YL Campaigners tonight after missing last week. I love this place. I love these people. I love this time together.


I'm so thankful for the opportunity to live life with these kids. I never want to take that for granted. When I first started teaching I didn't know if I'd get to share my faith with my students. But God tore down walls and opened doors and we're so lucky to have YL and Wyld Life in this town.


I love that Hannah and Haleigh have been in it since Day 1 and that they're invested in what we're doing. I love that the Junior girls will go tackle KCraig with love if I ask them to. I love that Kate and Cookie drink hot tea while we sing and don't think that it's weird at all.


I love these HS guys that create the culture of fun and intimacy and faith here. They're such role models whether they realize it or not.


I love that we can talk about Netflix and the Barn Party and what we think Heaven will be like and friendship bracelets and how awful Hell would be and how we want to share our faith and nubbin v. talking before dating and why Senior year rocks and everything in between. I love that our conversations are like a beautiful run on sentence full of so much energy and too many ideas to slow down.


No comments:

Post a Comment