Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Wise Words

On Friday Mornings I try to send out an encouraging word to some of my Camp Tecumseh girls. Recently, I asked them to share one of their favorite verses or quotes that brings them inspiration.

Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. Proverbs 4:23

Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.” John 13:7

“If you don’t have anything nice to say, you aren’t trying hard enough.” –Kid President

The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty savior, who will rejoice with you over gladness and renew in you his love, who will sing joyfully because of you. Zephaniah 3:17

We live by faith, not by sight. -2 Corinthians 5:7

What I’m trying to do here is get you to relax, not be so preoccupied with getting so you can respond to God’s giving. People who don’t know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep yourself in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. You’ll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. Don’t be afraid of missing out. You’re my dearest friends! The Father wants to give you the very kingdom itself. –Luke 12:29-32

We only regret the chances we didn’t take.

Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.

Some days life is all about your dreams, hopes and visions for the future. But there are some days where life is just about putting one foot in front of the other. And that’s okay.

What made her strong was despite the million tings that hurt her, she spoke of nothing, nothing, but happiness. –J.A.

Do small things with great love.

She believed she could do it so she did.

I am the daughter of a king who is not moved by the world. For my God is with me and goes before me. I do not fear because I am his.

God is within her, she will not fail. Psalm 46:5

But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded. -2 Chronicles 15:7

As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.

Choose joy.

You’re off to great place, today is your day, your mountain is waiting so get on your way. –Dr. Seuss


No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. –Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment