"Follow God's example, therefore as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." Ephesians 5:1-2.
Things I Won't Forget:
1. Waking up early and talking with Hannah and Alaina in our tent for a really long time while we had sleeping bag coffee
2. Waking up the girls for bagels and hot chocolate under the tent
3. "Prayer changes your heart" the girls each had someone else's name to pray for while we hiked
4. We experienced God's safety while we hiked up the mountain over tree dead fall, watched out for falling rocks, steep hills and made it through with just mild scratches and blisters
5. Tuna for lunch (way better than anticipated) under the tarp and listening to Sydni's life story
6. Hiking with Kaylee all afternoon
7. WE SAW A WILD ELK!
8. Talking with Hannah Novelli when she was in the back of the line with me and being so thankful for the way she loves people and asks questions and wants to know more
9. Steep, steep, steep non-existent trails (this part of the route hasn't been maintained in the last 10 years) and realizing there was no way to avoid getting wet and muddy
10. Right before we reached the top, Alaina stopped and told us about a part in The Secret Life of Walter Mitty when a character says, "Beautiful things don't seek attention." We were about to see a hidden treasure that very few people ever get to see in person-- a lake hidden up in the mountains where it doesn't make any sense for a lake to be.
11. Mac and cheese with sausage for dinner around a campfire
12. Genna's life story
13. Hannah and Alaina let all the girls sleep under the giant tent for a sleepover so we'd be warmer because we were at about 11,800 ft
14. The most beautiful and brightest stars you've ever seen
Life Stories are one of the biggest pieces of content on Wilderness. Each person gets 15 minutes to share their life story. Then everyone else asks them questions for 15 minutes. So unlike the real world. it's a beautiful opportunity for each person to share their heart and know that they're really being listened to and being heard. When the questions are finished, two people pray and one person encourages that friend.
Life Story Questions:
What's your favorite?
You have 4 phones calls-- I love you, I miss you, I'm sorry, I forgive you. Who do you call?
Who do you wish was here listening to your story right now?
What do you wish people knew about you?
How do you want to be remembered?
What three things would you put into a time capsule of your life right now?
What are three of your favorite things about yourself?
If you got a text when you got your phone back, who do you hope it would be from and what would it say?
What is God teaching you right now?
What do you wish you could say to _________?
What do you hope to gain from Wilderness?
If someone came over the hill right now with a magic box, what would be inside?
What brings you joy?
If you knew you couldn't fail, what would you try?
What lie do you most often believe about yourself and what truth do you wish you could remember?
What outfit could you wear every single day?
What do you recommend?
What characteristic of Christ are you most drawn to?
Honorable Mention Blog Title:
"Whoever pees closest to their friends wins."
"I'M HAVING SO MUCH FUN! EVERYONE SAY IT!"