"For you are all children of the light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness so then let us not sleep as others do, but let us be awake and keep sober." 1 Thessalonians 5:5-6
"Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it of Thanksgiving. At the same time, pray for us also, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, that I may make it clear." Colossians 4:2-4
"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and not of yourselves. It is the gift of God, not as a result of works, so that no man may boast. For we are his workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we may walk in them." Ephesians 2:9-10
"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to the whole house. In the same way, let your light shine before others so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:14-16
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9
I Won't Forget:
1. Pumpkin bread and granola for breakfast after sleeping bag coffee
2. Hiking through fields, Aspen forest, willow bushes that cut our leggs
3. Stopping for a snack beside a giant bolder where I gave my life story and cried more than I expected. Answering questions for the second 15 minutes was my favorite part.
4. Walking behind Cassidy and belting out every Christian song, Tecumseh song and Unit cheer that I know
5. What I didn't know-- Rain is always preceded by hail. And it really, really hurts.
6. Walking in the rain and setting up a tarp for our lunch of pepperoni, cheese and crackers
7. Kaylee's life story-- I love her vulnerability and honesty. Her gratitude to just be on this trip is beautiful.
8. Hiking through a drainage ravine, over rocks, slipping, really fearing whether or not we'd be ok
9. Finally setting up camp in a huge field and be so happy to be done hiking for the day
10. Mashpot and brownies for dinner-- so, so much laughter
11. Cassidy and Abby's life stories and learning so much more about both of them
"Un-oh. I just peed. I thought it was going to be a fart but it came out pee."
"This is what adventure looks like. Forget those girls who go 'adventure' in Broad Ripple."