"Consider it pure joy my brothers and sisters whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Let perseverance finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-3
"Whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom and continues in it-- not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it-- they will be blessed in what they do." James 1:25
"Therefore do not lose heart. Thought outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
I Won't Forget:
1. Waking up and being so much colder than I had ever anticipated and wondering how I would be able to do this all week long (Next time-- pack a coat)
2. Sleeping bag coffee with Hannah and Alaina
3. Talking through yesterday's quiet time with the girls after oatmeal with apples for breakfast
4. "God cares more about your character than your comfort."
5. Looking at where a forest fire has raged and listening to Alain talk about how the death of the trees allowed for new growth to come in just like how Christ tells us that the old life has gone and new life has come when we follow Him
6. Hiking up the most intense hill we'd ever seen before lunch and finally emerging in a beautiful clearing
7. Weaving dandelion flower crowns for the girls
8. Seeing Christ in Hannah when she carried Rachel's pack ahead on the trail and then ran back and hiked with her own pack twice
9. PB & J pitas, pretzels and carrots for lunch
10. Rachel struggled with being sick all day which was so so hard. Hannah and Alaina were both so kind and compassionate as they took care of and walked with her. Late in the afternoon all of the other girls prayed over her for healing and strength. Rach was evacuated late in the afternoon and was picked up to spend the rest of the week at base camp. It ended up being the perfect thing for Rach and she loved her time at Wilderness Ranch and all of the new friends she got to make.
11. All day long I repeated the Rend Collective lyrics, "Refuse to waste our lives, for you're our joy and prize. You made us for much more than this. Ignite the kingdom spark in us. We lay down our lives for heaven's cause," in my head as we hiked.
12. The road that would never, ever end
13. Walking and talking and laughing with Cassidy Ogan-- telling her all about what CILTs would be doing today at camp (and then we continued that tradition every morning on the trail)
14. Making camp at Cow Patty Pasture and smashing some birthday cake Oreos with Hannah and Alaina
15. Cheesy chicken fett for dinner in our two cups (you use the cup for everything and can never really rinse it out because of Leave No Trace so you have to scrape out every bit of food to keep it relatively clean)