Thursday, January 26, 2017

"DON'T RUN IN THE ROAD!"

Life's way too short to be boring. This morning my day calendar said, 
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." -Howard Thurman 
Being with my people, investing in kids' lives, showing up-- that's what makes me come alive. 

At Friendship Bracelet Club I split the girls up into teams 7, 12, 21 and 52. We made up some games involving beach balls and then ran outside to take a picture around the school sign. The Clubhouse is the greatest. 



Before they headed off to watch Mr. Royal, I got to meet Maggie, Mads, Gidget and Fudge for a family dinner at Chik-Fil-A. They had me laughing the whole time. I'm so happy that these four are good friends. And the Chicken Tortilla Soup-- 10/10 would recommend.


And just when I thought I was going to lay low the rest of the night I got a text from Smelko, "I'm at the Well. Bring my favorite sweater. There's a live band and free friendship. Seems like everything you're about. Also Katie Evans and Allie and Bailey are here!!!!"  I was in. Dreams come true-- I got to be part of #bailscoffeeshopadventure. What a time to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment