"Research shows that people who cultivate gratitude get a boost in happiness and optimism, feel more connected to other people, are better-liked and have more friends, are more likely to help others—they even sleep better and have fewer headaches." -Gretchen Rubin
Boom. Let's cultivate some gratitude.
1. Early Monday mornings with some of the greatest 8th grade girls I know
2. Reading chapters about friendship and how to get better at it
3. Praying for my friends
4. Cassidy's confidence in being her unique, velvet-scrunchie loving self
5. That Liz is one of the most consistent and dependable teenage girls I've ever met
6. Daily updates from Ellie about her plan to get a chinchilla
7. Visits from Mall and Jess during passing period
8. My Diet Coke drinking schedule when I'm at school
9. Carl Azuz and CNN Student news
10. Selfies from Brookie on my phone
11. Actually wanting to go on a run
12. When company's have great customer service
13. My "less stuff" movement and being able to see a difference-- "It's not about having less stuff, it's not about having more stuff. It's about wanting the stuff that you have."
14. Feeling accomplished every time I finish a bracelet
15. Watching movies on Netflix before they disappear
16. Michelle's chili mac for our leadership dinner
17. When YL boys really get into the Club theme
18. Being part of a team where everyone is willing to help
20. Competition, relay races and games inspired by Ellen
21. "Who runs the world?" "Girls!"
22. Capturing blog title worthy quotes all day long
23. Hanging out with this gang of YL gals every Monday night
25. Hearing YL leaders share their story and the story of Christ and how the two intersect
26. Grace Tully's "chaperone" outfit, especially those pink shoes
27. The LN gal pals
28. Embracing silliness like square dancing and feeling like we're at YL camp
29. Old prom dresses and sweatshirts that mom's kept around for all these years
30. Instagram live videos at YL Club so people can feel like they're there at home
31. Working up a good 'ol sweat from having so much fun
32. Texts of affirmation from Johnna
33. KCraig knowing exactly what I'm thinking
34. The fact that Cassidy doesn't have to graduate this year
35. Randomly hearing from Camp T girls
36. Systems and routines that shape my days
37. When mail that you thought had disappeared magically shows up
38. Starting a new book and loving it from the first page
39. "Choosing joy is a discipline. But it's not about faking it or manipulating your emotions. It's about training your eyes to see the light in the darkness and to regularly celebrate what you see."
40. Motivational messages from Mike Lang to the Tecumseh staff
Honorable Mention Blog Titles:
"Did you know they can't vomit?"
"All the other times we're on the same team... not in front of the dryer though."
"Should we just have a formal recall? Please dispose or mail all purple beads back to camp asap."