Monday, February 29, 2016

"Mommy! I wet my pants!" "Oh no. Do you need to go to the bathroom?" "No. Can I have an ice cream cone?"

Oh my gosh-- Mrs. Timmons has jokes in the HS. Pictures of Alana and Genna on a WANTED sign for "Excessive Gossiping" all around the bookstore. Their friends were  a bit alarmed but they thought it was hilarious.


What are the odds. The last three times I've gone to Chik Fil A for fundraisers, Brookie has just happened to go through the drive-thru, see me through the window and then come in to say hi for a couple minutes. We love these random encounters. We're living down the street from each other this week so hopefully we'll get to meet up again. She's one of the greats.


I was so confused why I had a package in the office this afternoon because I haven't ordered anything lately. I found a cute little cardboard box with "Surprises rule" on the side. This is my kind of mail.


Inside the box was another cube made of card stock. Once unfolded, it held a secret message and pics of me and my best pal Smoon. Isn't this the coolest?! I'm so thankful for a friend like Smooney that loves me well even on regular ordinary Mondays. 


When I got to Young Life tonight Hools showed up with another surprise. She figured out and painted the coordinates of Camp Tecumseh-- my very favorite place. I can't wait to hang it up. 


She also had my birthday present from her and Maddie which arrived in the mail today-- a necklace with Tecumseh's coordinates. When they told me this was going to be my gift I teared up.  I love this place more than anywhere else in the world because of the people I've met, the ways I've grown, the experiences shared and the adventures and traditions we created. It's the greatest. How many days till summer camp?


The gal pals showed up to Young Life tonight with loads of enthusiasm-- we love Hools, Kegs, Alana, Kaylee, Genna and Erin. After our Brave Girls series on Sunday nights I'm so glad that our friends came to Campaigners tonight with us. They're selling flowers and counting down to Wilderness and getting ready for the Bus Tour and just living the YL dream. 


No comments:

Post a Comment