When I went to pick up Maddie today she was doing her homework on her kitchen counter like this so she could see the TV at the same time. She reminds me of a cat that's trying to nap in the sunshine.
I told Hools and Maddie that we were going to have a special guest joining us at dinner tonight. They made plenty of guesses: Han, Haleigh, Cami, Meric, Elise, Cookie, Audrey...
But it was the one and only Ellyn that walked in. You can imagine the amount of laughter that filled the rest of the night. I should've been live tweeting #thingsellynsays again but I couldn't keep up.
We made a pit stop at the apt so Maddie could see the damage and Ellyn could visit for the very first time. The thermostat says we're at 99 degrees but I don't think it can go to three digits so I'd like to propose we're well over 100 at this point.
Everyone went back to the Dewolf home to hang out with the rest of the family. We make quite the crew if I do say so myself.
Maddie and Ellyn found their two word purpose statements-- Inspiring Joy and Unearthing Treasure respectively. Jack came up with a new dance move called The Plow. We took a trip through the songs that are now a decade old. Ellyn and I worked on bracelets and we laughed till we cried.
4 days down in this Dewolf Adventure week. Who knows what will happen next.
Honorable Mention Blog Titles:
- "I'm just so glad I have a wolf shirt now so I can fit in."
- "He is literally a puppy in a 9th grade boy."
- "When I die I want them to play Drop It Like It's Hot when they lower my casket into the ground."
- "Did you know Temperature by Sean Paul came out 10 years ago? I know, I was as shocked as you."
- "I'm going to order a meal. I got a savings account today. I'm an adult."
- "I'm doing this new thing where I shower everyday."