Friday, May 6, 2011

"Cause baby you're a firework"

It was the event that I have been anticipating for months... THE HSJH TALENT SHOW! Seriously. Last year I walked away from the show being so incredibly impressed with our students. I was so excited to see this year's acts. My favorites were a gymnastics routine, piano performance of "Pachelbell's Canon," vocal performances of "Stuck Like You" and "Put Your Records" and a creative vocal/dance routine to "Fireworks" by five of the friendship bracelet girls. They've been practicing the dance for months and I couldn't wait to see them.

Isa sang the best I've ever heard her sing (and she sings weekly in FBC) and the other girls danced in the background with glow stick bodies. The audience LOVED them.


And guess what? The fireworks girls won! They were thrilled to say the least.


A group of teachers also performed a HSJH Gleeks skit. Since I came to this school I've been telling Mrs. Stoner that she is Sue Sylvester. I was thrilled to see her on stage living it out- she was asking me for pointers all week.


And then the whole cast came out. Oh my goodness I love that I work at this school with these people. They are hilarious. They had some dialogue before jumping into their intense performance of "Proud Mary."


Susan got home from Hope College today. I went to visit her and she showed me all of the new SIB clothes she got willed to her this past week. In our sorority you will almost all of the SIB clothes you own down to younger girls when you graduate. It's sad to give it all away but so fun to get all of these old clothes that hold so much sentimental value.


I was thrilled to be able to put this sweatshirt on for 10 minutes. It was first my sister Katie's, she willed it to me when I was just a freshmen, I gave it to one of my best friends Koffie when I graduated, she gave it to one of my favorite people- Casey, whom just willed it to Susan. I love the chain of people who have all owned this faded, plaid, cut, worn-in sweatshirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment