Monday, May 16, 2011

"Live by the trinity of what is true, good & beautiful." -Alexandra Stoddard

This morning I woke up exhausted. A short while I heard some really sad news from a friend. Students are ready for summer, as am I, and it seems like there is more and more talking in class. I'm frustrated with a couple things that are just out of my control. By lunch I was in a bad mood. I really hate when I get in a bad mood. It doesn't happen that often, which is great. But the rest of the day I was intentional about keeping myself in check and looking out for things to be thankful for.

After school two girls stayed after to write with me. We wrote letters to ourselves five years from now that I'll hopefully remember to send to them when they're seniors. The girls made up stories based on pictures from Kindergarten that one of them had brought. Then we made lists of advice for future 7th grade girls. I loved getting to spend time with this pair just writing, talking, and listening.

When I opened my mailbox at home I found a letter from Sarah Scott. Usually I wait till I go to bed to read mail but today I ripped it open right away. This girl is wise. I LOVE getting mail from her and know that she is going to make me think. I love the quote she wrote on the envelope today.


This is random. They're building a new apartment building across the street from us. Everyday there are over a dozen Hispanic working until about 6 o'clock. Then they hoist this shed box thing up into the air. Can you see on the side they've spray painted "Viva Espana"? It cracks me up. I just think it's so funny.


There were left over cookies on a stick from the Butler graduation party at Campaigners. It was delicious.


Ellyn. FBC sweatshirt. Kool-aid burst. Enough said.


I drove home with Sar, Jessie, and Heather listening to Steve Moakler in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment