Thursday, May 19, 2011

"Well I know Katy Perry. She's pop culture. Who is Rebecca Black?"

We played psychiatrist in FBC after school today. I love this hour of laughing and talking with these girls. They are fun and creative and goofy. Rach was flipping out about her new crazy Nike shorts, Saba taught us a really complicated bracelet, Katy never stops laughing, and Demi is excited to be a junior leader. 

I ran today. Mostly because I'm doing a race Saturday and wanted to make sure I'd be able to handle it. But I got to wear Nike shorts, a white v-neck, and my hair in a messy bun- it's summer.

Tonight I had my first official roommate dinner with Colleen and Emel. We're living together next year and I'm so excited. Colleen and I became friends years ago at camp (hoorah for Teton) and it's crazy that we're going to live together now. I'm so excited to get to know Emel better.


Dinner was hilarious. I'm confident that this next year I will be laughing constantly. Today I taught this pair about Rebecca Black and the correct pronunciation of Sperry's. I learned about burying wishes, effective food strategies, how the immediate future is really uncertain and you never know what can happen.

1 comment:

  1. I believe the pop culture icon i was referring to was Lady Gaga, not Katy Perry! Don't worry, i yelled at kelsey for not keeping me in the loop--my mom knew about that video before me!!! unacceptable!

    ReplyDelete