Sunday, May 29, 2011

"You know what, I've been with these people almost the whole day by now." -Ky

This morning I was really glad I checked my phone during church. Normally that's probably not a good thing but today it was a message from Margaret Connelly saying she was driving through Indy! Margaret was my camper for the first time in 2006 and we've been pen-pals ever since. I love her heart, her friendship, and being able to keep talking with her as she grows up. We hadn't seen each other in over a year so this surprise visit was so fun.


Margaret joined our day with the Houghton and Nikcevich families. After she left she said, "I had so much fun. You have really great friends, they were awesome." She is so right. These people are awesome.


On this long weekend Sar and I had one goal- spend a lot of time with all of these people. So we spent the whole day doing a whole lot of sitting and eating and talking and playing--all things we do pretty well.



At the same time I was thinking about how Livvie is going to camp for High Ropes training today and that in just a week I'll be jumping into staff training and 10 straight weeks of Camp T-ness. But today wasn't about watching campers and leading activities and rushing to the lake or planning a devotion. Today we just got to hang out. So simple and so great.


My whole life, my summers have been camp-filled, which I really love, but I think having summer days like this would be really great. Days of sitting on porch swings, playing "Mother may I?", holding baby Rae, talking about fun questions, and appreciating air-conditioning after being in the hot sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment