Sunday, May 22, 2011

"Invest in people, live life well, pray often"

Six years ago I graduated from High School. When I left the girls that I was mentoring in my youth group were in 6th grade. Today they are getting ready for their own graduation and we celebrated their seniorness at church this morning. Even though it's not on a regular basis, we have stayed connected since I left through road trips, musicals and plays, cross-country races, Sundays at church, quilt camp, and summer camp.


Grace, Jordan and Grace have remained a major part of my thoughts and prayers and it's amazing to see how they've grown up. In so many ways they're still the goofy, creative, fun-loving, kind girls that made Toby Mac music videos and went pew hurdling all those years ago. They are beautiful young women and I'm so excited to see how they do next year at Ithaca, IUPUI, and Purdue.



I love these Mose sisters, Annie (left) was a CILT last summer and Abby (right) is one of the graduating Seniors. They have both changed so much since they were in middle school and I'm thankful that we've stayed connected and grown closer over the years.

After church my parents, Sheila, and I had lunch at Pizza Hut, a Delphi staple. Sheila was my youth pastor and I love these chances to reconnect with her. She still challenges me and makes me think like she did all those years ago. On this day of looking back, I'm glad I got to spend time with her.

Back at home Mom and I sat down to watch You've Got Mail. She worked on binding a quilt and I made a friendship bracelet while we watched Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks fall in love. I love getting to spend time just hanging out with Beth.

Before heading back to Indy I went to see Pirates of the Caribbean with the camp boys- Eric, Kraft, Seth, Adam and Jordan. During the summer I would never be able to hang out with all of these guys at once because someone would have the night on so tonight I was thankful they were all there. I was really thankful for Seth's laugh during the whole movie. The boys wanted to wait to see the five second bonus clip after all of the credits and I took the opportunity to take their picture which they were obviously thrilled about. Doesn't it kind of look like one of those pictures from a ride you get at Disney World?

No comments:

Post a Comment