Tuesday, May 10, 2011

This was epic

When I got home from school and tutoring and running I got to go meet one of my very favorite people for dinner. I love Taylor Porter and our friendship. I'm so thankful for her honesty and vulnerability. I love that she asks questions and listens to the answers. I love that she really wants to hear other people's opinions. I love that she knows how to have fun and that she lives life well.


Tonight we went all out for the last YL club of the year-- food battle of the century.


East-siders of Carmel wore orange, West-siders wore green.


We got tatted up. Thugs for life. Holla. Word. 


We love the beginning of club when everyone is arriving and we just hang out together.

 


Once club began we had a series of competitions. The winner got to choose what went into the blender. We had wheat grass, sardines, chicken noodles soup, clam sauce, donut holes, chocolate syrup, pickles, bologna, a jalapeno pepper, and syrup. Disgusting.


Disgusting. The Van Asten brother from the losing team had to drink it. Poor Mikey couldn't swallow a bit of it.




It all came down the food fight. We readied ourselves...


... and attacked.




 And even when everyone thought it was over...





Here's to food fights and friends, to playing outside and getting messy.



Here's to running around in the grass and acting like you're 5, living life to the full and taking opportunities.


Here's to Carmel Young Life epicness.

No comments:

Post a Comment