Friday, May 6, 2011

Top 10 x 3 lists x 9 people = 270 lists

Today I, along with some of my favorite people and fellow bloggers, am writing lists. I love that this writing combines brainstorming, evaluation, memories, creativity, and run-ons. Maybe you should write some lists today too.

Top 10 Rules For Life

1. Make people a priority
2. There is always time to do what you love most
3. We can all be kind
4. Take Opportunities
5. Always write people back
6. Show up
7. Joy does not depend on your circumstances
8. Pray often
9. Be dependable
10. At some point, go to camp


Top 10 Weird Things About Me

1. My "y"s are my signature hand-written letter
2. I have to finish a friendship bracelet before I start a new one
3. Old milk really weirds me out and I'll pour out a carton if I think it smells funny at all
4. I hate crayons and colored pencils
5. I have food goals- last year was tomatoes and this year is eggs
6. I have a wooden nickel and fork bracelet in my car because they remind me of McSoley and Beanie
7. I text quotes to myself during movies and church
8. When it takes a really long time to fall asleep I'll sleep on the floor instead of my bed
9. I try to only eat red candy
10. Two of my students told me I look like a baby bunny


Top 10 Really Unique Things I Love About Camp

1. The whole audience cheers during campfire performances even if someone messes up
2. The magic of Tuesday night when cabins finally bond
3. When Davey announces the Glow Stick Campfire at the staff meeting and everyone cheers really loud for him and he smiles
4. Right after the staff meeting when you get to see your stay over campers
5. Sitting on the floor for another minute after devotions end because I just feel so at peace
6. Looking around the flagpole at dinner on Sundays to see if you recognize any kids from other cabins
7. When kids bring really good snacks and they like to share
8. The plethora of bright Nike shorts all the girl counselors own
9. Spontaneous adventure hikes
10. Knowing that the best water in all of camp is in the Longhouse drinking fountain

Check out what all of these bloggers put on their lists today:

Michelle My Life (In Lists)
Maggie As Life Unfolds
Mel A Year Of Joy- Project 365
Molly Live Today Well
Soaps Little Things, Big Joy
Annie Life In Color
Alli  finding joy
Sarah defining life

6 comments:

  1. I really like your camp list. And I love #6 on it. Especially when you see an old camper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 2 on your camp list just made my heart warm because its so true!

    And number 9 is just so happy because adventure hikes are my #1 favorite thing about camp. The ultimate thursday night activity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love rule number 4. I hate milk that smells the least bit funny too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love #3. We should love tank Davey. and I'ma have to look into #10... I didn't know that! And OMGOSH I do #8 on your list too. Totally works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do #8 on your list too... It started when I was little and couldn't sleep in a hotel and my dad made me a bed in the bathroom tub with blankets. :) And I love #5. #3 makes me think we should totally love tank Davey.

    ReplyDelete