Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Oh my gosh. Summer is so soon.

I really like hype. I love anticipation. I think it's fun to have something to look forward to. Right now I feel like everyone is counting down the days till summer, I have 8 days of school left. In order to add to the building excitement I wanted to find out what my friends are looking forward to and took a survey. So many great things lay ahead for these people.

-I am excited because I get to spend a month in NYC. And I have graduation tonight! Lauren
-Baked oatmeal, bubble wands, and being able to relax. Grace
-I'm excited to explore the trails of Colorado with a backpack, a journal and Sam. To collage and write letters and get a Chaco tan line. To make bracelets for my Young Life girls and mountain bike and drink tons of lemonade. To get my new bright blue and green Patagonia knapsack dirty. To wake up late. To spend an entire month at Rockbridge surrounded by people who are on fire and sprinting after God's face. Allison
-I'm going on vacation in Italy and then coming home and finding a "real" job. Lily
-I'm excited to travel a ton and go to all of my camps. Also I'm excited to just relax and read on our big comfy couches in our backyard, and take long car rides while blasting country music, and I'm especially excited to enjoy my time without being stressed 24/7. Mac
-I'm excited to be cut off from civilization and living in the moment! I want to focus on things bigger than just myself. Sara
-I'm so excited to be in the company of people that rejoice in conversations about God and aren't afraid to be loud in discussions because they are in a place where they can feel comfortable in every word. I'm excited to sing "Blessed Be Your Name" in the Green Cathedral. Arielle
-Reading on the beach in Grand Haven, making fresh fruit pizzas, the sounds the woods make at night time, sitting outside to eat lunch at a restaurant, walking down the pier, iced coffee, mmm so many things. Casey
-Living on my own for the first time so I'm doing my own cooking, cleaning, and errands. I'm looking forward to becoming more independent. I'm going to take advantage of things in Bloomington that I didn't during the school year. Libby
-I have lots of free time to do fun and weird things and go on adventures like dress up in outfits, go on scavenger hunts, and take pictures with random people on the streets. Also, I'm going to dedicate part of my day over the summer in an elevator. Think of all the people you can meet in an elevator and all of the fun conversations you can have. I think it would be really fun to stand in the corner in an elevator facing the wall and see what people say. Emily
-I'm excited to help and play with children in the Dominican Republic on my mission trip! Ellie
-New friends, seeing old campers, and singing in the Green Cathedral. Oh and gettin down to business in the office. And Nike shorts everyday! Rachel
-I'm excited to sit on  my back porch and have honest and relevant conversations with campers and friends. Michelle
-I get to go to camp for four weeks, go to Florida with six of my best friends, and I'm graduating! Woo! Haley
-I get to eat fresh veggies from my garden. Mindy
-I'm excited for the sun, low stress, and my sister being home. Sarah
-Going for walks to get ice-cream and Young Life camp! Annie
-Europe, the birthday of my nephew, camping, NO MORE CLASSES EVER, Angela's wedding, and sunshine. Julie
-I'm excited to get my tan on, make a summer bucket list and then complete every task on it. Avery
-I'm excited to see kids create relationships with their cabin, counselors and others at camp. Seeing the looks of the kids and parents when they check in and check out makes you realize the impact that camp has on those who let it into their life. Adam
-I'm living in France for 8.5 weeks. Niki
-I'm most excited that the only thing I have to worry about is taking Geometry online. Most of my friends are home from college. I can finally complete redoing my room and I get to sleep more. Maddie
-I'm excited to try and live a little more stress free and not have to worry about school and SATs and all that jazz. I want to catch up on the many hours of sleep that I have lost this year. I want to go to my lake and RELAX with no worries from back home. Sydne
-I'm excited to make a wooden name tag at Camp Tecumseh. Meg
-To begin my mornings with 6am yoga, eat fresh fruit so succulent it makes my hands sweet. I am excited to run barefoot through the grass and lay out under the starry night sky, to dance in the warm rain and spend every minute laughing and smiling with my friends. Bridget
-I'm excited to make new friends both with DC staff and campers. AJ
-I get to spend time with friends and get to connect with them on a deeper level. Megan
-I'm finally doing things I love- Day Camp, soccer games, going to Africa, and seeing my true friends. Noelle
-With this year being my last summer at camp I'm excited to make it the best weeks I've ever had. I'm ready to make kids happy, change their lives, teach them about God and help out the first years as much as I can. I"m excited to try everything at camp one last time and remember it forever. I'm excited to see old friends I haven't seen in a year and be goofy and crazy without anyone caring. Camp is a home away from home that I will always remember. Paige
-I'm excited for the warm sun, the smell of freshly cut grass, and to see sinners be saved. Jake
-I'm excited about summer because I get to go home. I get to spend 20 hours a day with my best friends in the world and hang out with little kids. I get to run around and play and not worry about stupid, petty drama that my friends at home have. I get to sing and be crazy and play tennis with Annie and drink Diet Coke with you and Alli on the Longhouse porch and have Ellyn drive me around on the golf cart. I get to be paid (!!!) to go to camp. Colleen
-I'm excited for friendship bracelet tan lines. Maggie
-I'm excited for so many things. Getting to Wisconsin. Wearing v-necks and flip-flops. Midnight swims. Outdoor mass. Being the best version of myself. Camp food. No makeup. Seeing my friends in Minocqua. Family reunion. Ellie
-I'm excited because I get to go to a wedding on each side of my family, a college friend, and a high school friend. Summary: I get to see a lot of people I LOVE. Brenna
-Besides the ridiculous stress of Junior year being over, I'm really excited to go to Peru for two weeks with my school. I'm usually a major home-body, so it'll be a great way for me to grow, while being in an amazing place. I'm also excited for regular things of summer--popsicles, flip-flops, walks in the sunshine, and lazy days by the pool with friends. Rae
-I get to see my best friend, I'm recording my music, and I get to spend time where my heart always is, Camp Tecumseh. Eileen
-I'm excited to get to act like a total goofball and not have to worry about being judged and spend time with the people who know me best. Carolyn
-To play with kids and make up silly games. To have pee worthy laughs with some of my best friends. To spend weeks on end smiling and singing with campers. To live in an atmosphere full of love and acceptance. Emily
-When Braves come sprinting over to you after clinics to show you the friendship bracelet they made you. It's just knotted string but you'll treasure it all the same. They're just so proud of themselves and so proud to see you wearing it all week. Ali
-I'm most excited to return to camp after four long years because I can't wait to be in a place where it's acceptable and highly encouraged to walk around covered in mud. I'm excited to meet new people and float through the Tippecanoe River. Livvie
-Nannying and getting to explore the city, leading a Wyld Life cabin with Emily, and setting up my classroom! Mary Ellen
-I'm excited that I've had a few years off and have a better perspective. I'm pumped to work with the kids and feel like this is the first summer that their experience is my one and only priority. I'm excited to work with the CILT team to come up with amazing programs for said kids and of course to live in the Goose Nest, aka Yurt. Kraft
-I'm excited to spend my first summer in Nashville... and my first summer in the US in 5 years! I'm excited to have free time- time to reflect on my first year, explore the city, take walks, read and breath deeply for what seems like the first time since last July. Most of all I'm excited to get to know my classmates outside of the classroom. I'm excited about being intentional with my friendships. I'm excited to sit on a porch and have good conversations. We're going out West to camp and adventure and climb things and watch sunsets and basically be cowboys with a rental car. Really, the bottom line is that this is my last real summer, and I'm excited to live in the moment the best that I can. Sarah
-I'm excited to be at camp with my sister Michelle for two weeks. Camp is such a big part of both of our lives and I'm excited to be there with her for the first time in four years. Sarah
-I'm thrilled about strawberries being at their best. I can play with friends and family and go camping. Grace
-I can't wait for summer because I want to play outside and be with friends and family. Also I can play with my hula hoop. Mikaela
-Wilderness Ranch. Dom
-It's the last summer before college so I'm excited to meet as many new people as I can at camp and to keep in touch with my friends before I leave for college. Ellyn
-I'm excited for summer because I'll get to spend 10 weeks at Camp Tecumseh acting like a kid, with kids all day everyday. Mary
-I get to play outside with youngsters! Alli
-The warm weather which allows me to go to the beach and do activities outside. Tracy
-I'm excited to spend a week in Florida with two of my best friends to play volleyball, grill out, shop and soak up some sun. Annie
-I'm excited to (hopefully) get a job and set up my classroom. Kathleen
-Sweet corn, positive people, charcoal grilling and Captain John. Nick
-No homework, no drama and no unhappiness. I'm ready to take a break from the pressures of High School to constantly fit in and have a place. Claire
-Carefree sunshiny days with friends and family that I missed. Catie
-Making raspberry lemonade, going sailing, making friendship bracelets under the shade of Kampen, seeing all my camp friends like Annie, Annie, Molly, Bridget, Eileen, Colleen, Noelle, Sarah, Shelby, Mel and lots of others. Tina
-It's hard to put into words--I'm looking forward to the pure happiness that I get when I'm at camp. And am SO excited to be able to show my campers that kind of happiness. Chrissy
-So excited to have no homework and spend time with kids at camp. Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment